Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 12/18/05 19:39 CST:
>

>>Though technically absurd, apparently opinions are worth something.
>

> And the more I think about it, the more I think that Editors who wish
> to just arbitrarily deem a package as "recommended" should email the
> blfs-dev list and get an opinion from the community. And then, only if
> the community agrees, the package is moved to recommended territory.

The above is an opinion.  Is it "technically absurd"?  :)

I have to disagree with your reasoning.  Each editor makes decisions
about each package when it is either installed or updated.  To have a
discussion on the list every time an editor uses his judgment to make a
change is not in the best interests of efficiency.

If an editor makes a judgment that someone thinks is not appropriate for
some reason, either technical or opinion, then by all means let's
discuss it here.  If they are not sure of an issue, that too should be
discussed.  However, the default should not be to ask for a community
decision in every case.