Hello World,
I've been using beep for a while now and I like it. bmp-0.9.7.1 is very good. Fast and stable. I want to add it to BLFS, however, I see from http://www.sosdg.org/~larne/w/BMP_Homepage that it's been discontinued. The developers have given up on the old core built on xmms and have moved on to developing bmpx http://beep-media-player.org/ On my system it seems to use xine as it's backend. It has a required dependency of http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib.html

It works OK but it has one important bug, when I click on an mp3 it doesn't just play it, bmpx starts (slowly) but it just sits there. To get it to play I have to open the playlist and then drag and drop songs into it. So I'll be sticking with beep-media-player for the foreseeable.

But what to do about BLFS? Should I write a page for bmp-0.9.7.1 or wait until bmpx is good enough to use?

What say the group?

Andy