Randy McMurchy wrote:
Hi all,

The KDE Multimedia package has changed significantly. Most notably,
the aKode package has been removed and is now a stand-alone package
in KDE-SVN. This package is what in the past has supported MPEG,
Speex, FLAC, libsamplerate, JACK, Polypaudio and other multimedia
features. Much is lost if this package is not available to KDE
Multimedia.

KDE Multimedia still looks for, and will use the aKode package if it
is available at compile-time. This package adds significant capability
to aRts, and quite frankly, I don't understand why it was removed.

Anyway, I'd like to still list this package (and its dependencies) on
the KDE Multimedia page. To get it, you must download it via SVN on
the KDE repository. I'm willing (and have already done it) to create
a tarball that essentially affords a CMMI build and allows KDE
Multimedia to continue to use the package.

What say the group to us hosting a tarball of this package?

Just wondering, where exactly is it in kde's svn repository? I still see it in trunk/KDE/kdemultimedia/akode_artsplugin