Randy McMurchy wrote:
DJ Lucas wrote these words on 01/09/06 18:09 CST:

I'll put up a more recent set if anyone would like to look at them that accounts for the issues that have been found recently.

At this point, I can't help but think that 6.9.0 is the only way to
go. Unless there is some good way to keep the building of Xorg in the
spirit of BLFS (not completely automated), I can't see any value
going to the 7.0, if 6.9.0 affords the same exact code with an
installation method we all know and trust.

Of course, we need to keep working towards the modular Xorg, but
right now, I'm not sure this first release is really ready for us.

I had a thought about this point that Randy made...

One of the main goals of LFS/BLFS is educational. In that respect, I found looking at the Makefile that Alexander pointed me towards very educational - still haven't got it to work yet but that's just me learning :-)

Isn't there an valid opinion here that using a Makefile as a build method for something like this would be acceptable as it has provided me with an insight into Makefiles in general and provided me with a sensible way to build the application that I need/want? I don't see much educational value in cutting and pasting 200+ CMMIs!

Just my thoughts...

Al