Randy McMurchy wrote:

> I don't mean this to be rude or condescending to you specifically,
> Bruce, but I just felt that most would heed the note to review the
> file and enable it if they wanted it. Just out of curiosity, did you
> not want it when you initially built Firefox?

Nah.  You aren't being rude.

As the Editor, I normally build packages *exactly* the way the book says
with most optional packages (but not all).  I did read the note, but I
didn't know I needed svg at the time.

Lookng at my build, I fine four svg related libraries (.a) in FF for a
total of about 3MB.  Is this "too much bloat"?

According to what I read, most FF binaries come with svg built in.  I
now think that it would be expected by most users and shuod be the default.