Randy McMurchy wrote:

Is there a URL that will do a (or the equivalent) round-robin or
chooses the best mirror for the specific geographic location the
requester is in?
That is indeed a problem. I am afraid we don't have a good solution at the moment. If you or anyone has a good idea on how to implement something like this, please speak up.

The only thing he had until now was the ftp.linuxfromscratch.org rrdns. It doesn't solve the geographic location problem either and isn't currently maintained (currently has 9 mirrors, 2 don't work (can't login), 3 have all repos (lfs, blfs, livecd) and 4 only have lfs repos). An idea was discussed earlier to use ftp.linuxfromscratch.org with some kind of script using the ip-to-country database (http://ip-to-country.webhosting.info/node/view/6?XID=9e2d7d9b6acbf9d322d15c3d077d3829) but it got put on the back burner. Maybe we can still implement this somehow if anyone knows how to do it.

Otherwise, sorry, I don't have an answer for you. Hopefully those outside north america will use/read/follow
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/download.html#packages
and download from a local mirror, but until we have a better solution, linking to Anduin or ftp.lfs-matrix.net or another mirror are about the only solutions.

Justin