Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2006 23:52 schrieb Randy McMurchy:
> Rainer.wirtz wrote these words on 01/31/06 13:43 CST:
> > Check them (and k3b) out with
> > svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/multimedia
>
> Not to argue, but because I'm actually curious, why would I consider
> using SVN versions of k3b for instance, when the most recent stable
> tarball is barely more than a month old. Have new features been
> added?

k3b has some more options in the cd-ripper dialog plus a cddb-lookup
button. What really has changed a lot is kaffeine.

> If we are going to seriously look at packages for inclusion in the
> BLFS book, shouldn't we be looking at, and testing, the 'stable'
> versions?

Sure, I just thought it'd be interresting to have a look at the stable
versions of tomorrow. Although they're in trunk, all three progs are
pretty stable, I use them daily (the SVN version).
But to be true, I use svn for everything kde (branches/3.5 mostly) and
tarballs just didn't cross my mind.

Rainer