Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 02/01/06 22:54 CST:

> OK, the issue then is what are we testing.  If it is the build, then
> include it.  If it is just the packaging, then it is essentially doing
> the same thing as the md5 sum and adds no value.  In that case, it
> should be omitted because it is not, in fact, a test suite.

I suppose this is one of those times where I'm just going to say
"never mind". My whole question is what is the purpose of what the
gnome people have in mind when running "make check".

That is the question I'm asking. I thought I make it quite clear.
Perhaps I didn't. I just don't know what is behind the make check.

If I new the answer to "If it is the build, then include it. If it
is just the packaging, then ...", I wouldn't have asked the question.

So, to reiterate, I'm asking what in the hell is the purpose of
the "make check" in these packages? Is it to test the build, or to
test the validity of the documentation files? Are the doc files
being built during the build, and then they are tested?

I simply don't know, and was hoping that other may have known this
answer. I'm at this point, thinking I'll just leave it the way it
is right now, "This package does not come with a test suite".

--
Randy

22:54:00 up 130 days, 8:18, 3 users, load average: 0.11, 0.04, 0.10