DJ Lucas wrote:
Dan, if you still have the old failed build tree around, then just nix XmImGetXIC from motif21.c, and rerun make. The build should complete shortly.
This worked. In ../../jdk-build/j2se/src/solaris/native/sun/awt/awt_motif21.c I commented out the following lines:

/*extern XIC XmImGetXIC(
*                                Widget          w,
*                        uint32_t    input_policy,
*                        ArgList         args,
*                        Cardinal        num_args) ;
*/
The jdk build completed and I tested it in Firefox--it works.  Thanks, DJ.

Dan