On 3/15/06, Thomas Trepl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 17:51, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> > ./configure --prefix=$(kde-config --prefix)
> >
> Hmm, here you may assume that the install is done in the command line by using
> copy&paste from the book. I don't believe that. I think most of the people
> will have created their own scripts, makefiles or whatever to get the build a
> bit more comfortable

Hi Thomas,

I once was of the same mindset, but I'd venture to guess that just as
many people copy-and-paste as use scripts.  Including some of the
editors.  Even if it is in a script, it works just as well.  And BLFS
does assume that you're entering the commands in an interactive shell,
as far as I know.

> If that is true, I assume the scripts etc. will setup the
> environment proper before doing the configure.

If you're writing scripts, you can substitute whatever you want.  I
used KDE_PREFIX in a sourced file, and probably still will.  However,
you have to consider blfs-support.  Most of the people that ask
support questions are not those that have the inclination to write
scripts and figure out what's going on.  They're the copy-and-pasters.
 Randy's fix helps guard the blfs community against some of these
support questions.

> It was just my two cents worth.

Mine, too.

--