Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 4/8/06, Jürg Billeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Ah, you're talking about mounting on demand, I don't call that
>> automounting as it can be misleading. So as recap, what I call
>> automounting is: plug in your usb stick, do nothing, stick gets mounted
>> (optionally window appears with content). You call automounting: plug in
>> your usb stick, click in file manager on device, file manager mounts
>> stick. Is this interpretation right?
>>

> <Light goes on>  Yes!  I'm glad you put those words out there because
> in my mind I didn't know how to separate the two situations.  Anyway,
> I hopefully will have gnome-volume-manager and gnome-mount installed
> by this afternoon to see what all the fuss is about.  I've had high
> expectations, so hopefully it's not disappointing.

Last night I was playing with gnome-mount-0.4, I don't have it working,
but here is the error, I get when i run it as my user.

 gnome-mount --text --no-ui --device /dev/sda1
gnome-mount 0.4

** (gnome-mount:18819): WARNING **: Mount failed for
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_9a5b205f_e80d_49ec_94c2_82798b88be08
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied : A security policy in place
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see
message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface
"org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error name "(unset)"
destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

When I run this as root all goes well. I have a feeling this is because
mount is being run as whichever user runs gnome-mount. I haven't found a
solution for it yet but I've been looking like crazy.