Hi

In the libxml page we have currently this note:

"Some packages which utilize libxml2 (such as GNOME Doc Utils) need the Python
module installed to function properly. "

But lbxml2 is a required dependency for GNOME Doc Utils (ScrollKeeper -->
libxslt --> libxml2)

Based on that, I think that Python should be a Recommended libxml2 dependency.

PD: As a side effect, that change will prevent the circular dependency lbxml2
--> lbxslt --> libxml2 in the new jhalfs code (under development) while
allowing to build the Python module.

PD2: The above jhalfs fix could be achieved also by other ways, like removing
role="optional" from the second optional dependencies block.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nÂș2886:       http://www.linuxfromscratch.org