Jürg Billeter wrote:

> This announcement might be interesting.
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.hal/6957

I installed ConsoleKit and I can see that my gnome session is being
assigned a unique id. I'm able to switch users and then switch back to
my original session with ConsoleKit keeping the record of it. I was able
todo this without ConsoleKit too. I'm not sure what exactly I gained by
installing it. support was added to GDM and gnome-screensaver in 2.17.2,
I'm not sure if more of gnome needs to be upgraded to 2.17 for me to see
a huge difference.