On 3/19/07, Bruce Dubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > Can't say that I run the testsuite myself usually. However, I do read
> > the cairo list archives pretty often. The testsuite is a very well
> > exercised part of their development process and I think it should pass
> > all tests or have XFAILs for known failures. Here's a recent message
> > indicating that:
> >
> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-February/009649.html
> >
> > I don't know how much effort you want to put into this. I just thought
> > I toss in my understanding of the upstream situation.
>
> If their tests don't fail and ours do, it would be good to know why.

Absolutely, but I don't know.

One thing I remembered is that you may not want to override the
default cairo CFLAGS. By default, they add -fno-strict-aliasing, but
you lose this if the CFLAGS are set in the environment. This came up
recently on the cairo list with one of the Mandriva developers.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-March/009979.html

This is probably a bug in their packaging, but I'd be interested to
know if the test failures are associated with this. Actually, this
looks like it's fixed to pass -fno-strict-aliasing correctly, but
using the default CFLAGS would still be interesting.

--
Dan