On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 12:03:38PM -0600, DJ Lucas wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
> > *(September 8, 2008)* FFmpeg is undergoing major changes in its API/ABI.
> > The last valid revision for libavcodec version 51 is r15261.
> >
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/ffmpeg-20080908-r15261.tar.bz2
>
> dc41175c09a73cef9730b86dde23bab5  ffmpeg-20080908-r15261.tar.bz2

 I'm using a daily snapshot from 2008-10-08.  I've no idea to what
extent I actually make use of it (I just threw most of the AV stuff
from the book into the mix a while ago), but if it's used in DVD
replay I can say that regular DVDs play fine in xine-ui.

 (I've got one DVD I bought yesterday that doesn't play, but I only
tried it on the p.c. because I can't get it to play on my regular dvd
player, which tells me to press the 'PAF' button - my response to that
was a three letter acronym).

 Anyway, the revision you picked is old enough to avoid two of the
things I had to change in transcode-1.0.6, but will still need the
following because rtp_mode was removed as unused in r8164 :

sed -i '/rtp_mode/d' export/export_ffmpeg.c

ĸen