Hi everyone,

I'm sure those of you that are actively involved in LFS have noticed
that my participation has been non-existent for quite some time now.
So, this should probably not shock anyone, but I think it's time that
I step away from my duties as an editor for LFS and BLFS.

I still enjoy reading about LFS and think that it's a really great
project (especially for education), but my interests have moved
elsewhere. As I've spent more time poking and prodding the software
over the years, I've become less interested in the packaging of the
software and more interested in the development of the software. Time
spent developing has been cutting into the packaging side more and
more to the point where the only packages I typically build from
source now are the ones I'm developing or need the development version
of.

In a sense, I've moved upstream a bit and spend time working on
various other projects that LFS consumes. Primarily, I've been working
on Xorg. So, if you follow the software that's used in LFS, this is
probably not the last you'll see of me. I'll probably stay subscribed
to the -dev lists and poke in from time to time, too.

I really appreciate everything that the LFS community has done for me
over the years. This was the project that introduced me to the world
of open source software. This was also the project were I contributed
to and the first I got commit access to. I've learned a ton about the
FOSS ecosystem through LFS.

There are a lot of people in the LFS world that have made an impact on
me over the years. I had a lot of fun working here because of the
people. One person I have to single out is Jeremy Huntwork. He
nurtured my early contributions, was the one to push for my commit
rights, and really made developing LFS a fun place for me to be. I
hope no one else takes that as a slight.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity and all the experiences. Feel free
to remove my commit rights on the servers and my name from the books.

--
Dan