Bruce Dubbs schrieb:
> The purpose of LFS and BLFS is primarily educational.  Adding a CMMI package
> is
> not particularly educational when there are many such packages already in the
> books.

one of the last times william asked to add xz i gave him my vote.

- CMMI: even a blfs-beginner should be able to install is

- beta: no comment!

- no dependencies: i couldn't find any package requireing it

- time: to many packages are waiting to be updated, thus
  no need to add more packages yet.

+ kernel support: it's a "nice to have", but not required

having considered the above arguments i changed my mind...

even when the package leaves beta, i don't see any need for it in the
book. whoever wants to compress the kernel with xz should be able to do it.

tobias