On 10/25/2009 05:39 PM, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As noted on the xorg-libs page, libxcb is used by default and
> a switch is required to disable building against it.
>
> As such, should the dependency not be listed under 'Recommended'
> rather than 'Optional'?  The default use of libxcb would suggest
> that upstream expect/prefer it to be available?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt.

You might want to let it be for a bit or check out 7.5-RC1.  Build order
will be unchanged.  I was kind of letting the xorg section hang for a
just a bit as the update to 7.5 will be official any day now....AFAIK,
we're just waiting on a final release of xf86-input-joystick (and maybe
a couple of minor updates to other modules if the RC has any issues, but
there are none that I can see on my current build).  When I commit, I'll
make the recommendation in the book.

Thanks.

-- DJ Lucas