>> gnome-power-manager requires sgmlspl, a perl module IIRC, but

> That's SGMLSpm module.

> Also, gio modules in gvfs are still not installed
> into the correct directory.  They go into $GNOME_PREFIX/lib/gio/modules
instead of /usr/lib/gio/modules.

Done in previous reply...

> Need to do the same for all of the icon sets as well, but IIRC,
> those were handled in the previous big Gnome thread (back in September)
by
> sed commands to the Makefile.  Again, a patch to send upstream is
preferable, so I'll work on it.

The following packages all install their icons in
$GNOME_PREFIX/share/icons instead of /usr/share/icons.

brasero-2.28.3.llog
eog-2.28.2.llog
evince-0.8.3.llog
file-roller-2.28.2.llog
gconf-editor-2.28.0.llog
gnome-applets-2.28.0.llog
gnome-control-center-2.28.1.llog
gnome-icon-theme-2.28.0.llog
gnome-media-2.28.1.llog
gnome-netstatus-2.28.0.llog
gnome-panel-2.28.0.llog
gnome-power-manager-2.28.2.llog
gnome-session-2.28.0.llog
gnome-settings-daemon-2.28.1.llog
gnome-utils-2.28.3.llog
gucharmap-1.10.0.llog
nautilus-2.28.4.llog
totem-2.28.4.llog
yelp-2.28.1.llog

But guess what...they all work already.  No longer an issue, fixed, or
misconfiguration on previous build?  Guess I must have screwed up
something last time, but that probably means there is no need for special
treatment for gnome-icon-them.  Will test shortly.

So that leaves only GDM's minor issue (which I still haven't gotten around
to building), and gnome-system-monitor needs glibmm, gtkmm, and cairomm
IIRC.

Also Yelp is broken with Xulrunner-1.9.2.  Fix looks pretty simple:
http://osdir.com/ml/svn-commits-list/2010-01/msg07643.html

Finally, there is something wrong with evince-0.8.3's desktop application
file...

root [ /opt/gnome/share/applications ]# update-desktop-database
File '/opt/gnome/share/applications/evince.desktop' contains invalid MIME
type '' that is missing a slash

Looks like:
sed 's...@mimetype=;@MimeType=@' -i \
    $GNOME_PREFIX/share/applications/evince.desktop

Almost done!

-- DJ Lucas