Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I believe I have all the kinks worked out for a clean build of Live Tex,
> which would end up replacing the deprecated teTeX. It is a beast; however,
> the biggest resource hog I've seen (disk space wise, anyway).
>
> The only thing that might stand in our way right now is the sources ship
> in .xz format and BLFS does not have the XZ Utils package in the book yet,
> due to there not being a stable release yet.
>
> But, the current beta version of XZ Utils is like 0.999.99.9 and it is
> claimed on the web site that the 1.0 version will not have any changes
> from the current beta.
>
> Should we just go ahead and replace the LZMA package with XZ Utils now,
> as it really is inevitable (XZ Utils has all the LZMA stuff in it as well)?

Since LZMA was last updated in July 08, I'd say go ahead.  There appear
to be no dependencies and it's CMMI, so it would be fairly trivial to
update when the official release is made.

[LZMA Utils announce] XZ Utils 4.999.9beta    2009-08-27 20:59
[LZMA Utils announce] XZ Utils 4.999.8beta    2009-02-06 09:28
[LZMA Utils announce] XZ Utils 4.999.7beta( new name for LZMA Utils)
                                               2008-12-31 18:07
[LZMA Utils announce] LZMA Utils 4.999.5alpha 2008-09-10 14:58
[LZMA Utils announce] LZMA Utils 4.32.7       2008-07-30 11:47