Thomas Trepl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while facing the possibility of being killed, hated and banned by all the
> other book maintainers I just commited a set of new pages with instructions
> for KDE4. I know the pages are full of textual insufficiences and I'm sure
> technical changes will happen.
> If there are great lacks (and I know there are some) in detailed descriptions
> or somewhere else, I hope we can work together to fill them. And I hope that
> the pages give a starting point where we all could work on to bring them to a
> level which is good enough for being a BLFS book page.
>
> Ah, yes, the KDE version. I know the 4.6.1 is out since a few days. The KDE
> project seems to often make new releases so i don't think its to bad being
> late with 4.6.1, next month there will be a 4.6.2 - so maybe upgrade directly
> to this one. Currently i write this mail on the KDE 4.6.0 installation which
> I've created while writing the pages and it works fine at all.

Thanks you for that.  I know from experience how much time and effort
that takes.  I updated my local copy and have started to look at it.
For a first glance, I see the following issues.  Take them as
suggestions and not criticisms.

In the pre install, I suggest omitting th efirst paragraph.

Add ldconfig to the pages that need it and omit the 2nd paragraph.

"As KDE4 is a huge software collection providing a desktop, tools for
system and development tasks as well as fun and educational stuff, it
makes use of a tremendous amount of non-KDE packages. While nearly all
of those packages are optional, some others are are highly recommended."

Change to read:

As KDE4 is a huge software collection providing a desktop, tools for
system and development tasks as well as fun and educational stuff. It
                                                                  ^ ^
makes use of a tremendous amount of non-KDE packages. While nearly all
of those packages are optional, some others are are highly recommended."

Comment.  Which are highly recommended?  All on that page?

"You should consider to install following packages. Installing this
packages will switch on some useful features in the resulting KDE4."

Change to read

"The following packages are recommended.  Installing...

Some of the packages recommended are in the book and some are not.  I'd
like to see on the page the url if they are not in the book.  A comment
or two about non-BLFS package build procedures would also be useful.
That is, if they are just CMMI, say that.