On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 12:02:53 -0500
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
> > On 30/10/11 09:43, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> >> Try building db with --enable-dbm.
>
> > Thanks, that worked. As mentioned by DJ in the previous post, I think
> > this should be included in the standard build.
>
> I don't generally use PAM, so I don't mind any changes to it.

I think Wayne was actually suggesting a change to the way berkeley-db
is installed

> I'm curious though.  What do others get from PAM?

Personally I install PAM so I can use pam_faildelay.so with ssh to set
an arbitrary amount of time between login attempts. Brute force attacks
are not practical if the script has to wait 2 minutes for each password
it tries.

Andy