On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:46:20 +1100
Wayne Blaszczyk <wblas...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Based on the current build instructions, Cups creates files under
> /usr/etc and /usr/var.
> Glib2 creates bash completion scripts under /usr/etc.
> Not directly related to BLFS, but it also looks like Coreutils has
> installed a library (libstdbuf.so) under /usr/libexec, unless I did
> something wrong there?

I agree these things should be fixed. The coreutils thing is an LFS
problem but can be fixed by passing --libexecdir=/usr/lib to configure.
I've not installed cups-1.5.0 yet so I can't comment.
Glib can be made to put it's bash completion scripts in /etc passing
--sysconfdir=/etc to configure.

Glib also puts a header file, glibconfig.h into
/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include. Moving that into /usr/include requires
seds to the glib/Makefile and the pkg-config pc file. It also affects
some other things like gobject-introspection which has the path to
glibconfig.h hard coded in 2 Makefiles.

gtk+-2 does a similar thing with a header but moving that one doesn't
cause any problems for anything else.

Andy