Ragnar Thomsen wrote:
> Thanks for the welcome guys.
>
> As Ken noted  I have contributed with some patches for KDE4 packages.
>
> I will be updating the KDE4 section to version 4.8 in the immediate future.
>
> I have been running KDE4.8 on my LFS7.0 system since it got released.
> The build instructions already in the book are pretty good,
> but some configuration needs to be done concerning dbus/polkit/consolekit.
>
>Also I was thinking to get rid of all the dependency packages on the
"KDE4 Pre-installation Configuration" page and instead list them as
dependencies on the individual KDE4 package pages. The required
dependencies will need to be added to the book.

Yes, all required dependencies should be in the book.

I agree that the dependencies should be relocated to the package that
needs it.  Two things about listing dependencies:

1.  If it's in LFS, it is not listed.
2.  If A is a *required* dependency and A requires B, then B is not
listed in the package.  That's different from optional dependencies
where B would be listed in both the package and A.