On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 05:14:53AM -0600, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> On Fri, 4 May 2012 12:05:45 +0100, Andrew Benton <a...@benton.eu.com> wrote:
>
> > I think we removed it because we don't like Jörg Schilling
>
> I think it's more the case that Jorg Schilling doesn't like us (Linux) :-)

 For those of us who have been reading lkml for years, the feeling
is mutual.  In my case I moved to dvdrtools (a fork of the last
GPL version of cdrecord) because it was just such a pain to try to
build his version on architectures he hadn't used - initially x86_64
in my pure64 days (no /lib64) - and I had no interest in pretending
to have a SCSI burner.

 I think the book is improved by not having cdrecord.

ĸen