Hello All

As I live in England I don't need to know much about character
encodings and locale issues but I have picked up the general impression
that UTF-8 is a good thing and that ISO-8859 is part of a set of legacy
character encodings that will eventually be replaced by unicode.

When I look at the book I see it's encoded as ISO-8859 text:
file ~/public_html/BLFS/index.html
/home/andy/public_html/BLFS/index.html: HTML document, ISO-8859 text

Which is fine, it's written in English for an English speaking
audience. However, I'd prefer to see it as UTF-8. Many of the xml files
have at the  top:
A simple sed can change them to UTF-8. The only other change needed is
to tidy.conf which has:
input-encoding: latin1
output-encoding: latin1
Change that to utf8 and it's all done:
file ~/public_html/blfs-book-xsl/index.html
/home/andy/public_html/blfs-book-xsl/index.html: HTML document, UTF-8 Unicode
text

Would anyone mind if I made these changes?

Andy