On Sun, 20 May 2012 01:04:14 +0100
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> a...@linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> > Author: andy
> > Date: 2012-05-19 16:21:51 -0600 (Sat, 19 May 2012)
> > New Revision: 10221
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/BOOK/xsoft/graphweb/firefox.xml
> > Log:
> > Neither Seamonkey or Thunderbird can use xulrunner
>
> Really?  I haven't tried but Wikipedia says:
>
> All XUL-based applications like Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird,
> Songbird, Flickr Uploadr, SeaMonkey, Conkeror, Sunbird, Miro, Joost, and
> TomTom Home 2.0 run on XULRunner.
>
> I haven't validated that, but I'll investigate some more.

The Mozilla code was forked a couple of years ago. It used to be
possible to build Firefox, Thunderbird or the Mozilla suite from the
same tarball but that hasn't been true for a couple of years. So yes,
the Wiki page is right, Thunderbird and Seamonkey use a version of
Xulrunner. If you find a way to build a functional Seamonkey or
Thunderbird against Xulrunner from Firefox that would be great as
they'd be able to share code. I don't believe it's possible.

Andy