On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 00:20:21 +0100
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at the instructions for gtk+3, we have the command explanation:
>
> --disable-packagekit: This parameter disables use of PackageKit which
> isn't suitable for BLFS.
>
> But we don't have it in the configure line.  This seems to be a
> contradiction.  Should it be placed in the ./configure command?
>
> Andy, it looks like you added that explanation a few months ago.  Can
> you elaborate a little?

Armin krejzi added the explanation. He also added it as one of the
default options. I objected to it being in the default options as it is
not needed. The explanation is left so that people are aware of the
option in case they need to use it. But I would say that if you don't
want to use PackageKit, don't install PackageKit. I don't install
PackageKit and Gtk 3 apps work fine for me.

Andy