On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 12:10:24PM +0100, Andrew Benton wrote:

> In this case I would argue that FFmpeg is more important than Transcode
> (I don't install Transcode) and so if Transcode needs to be commented
> out of the book for a few days while we find a fix then it's not the
> end of the world.

 Agreed, with regrets - I only started using transcode a couple of
months ago, when I wanted to rip the audio from some DVDs to CD.  It
worked, but I failed to make a note of the exact commands I'd used,
and I haven't managed to work out how I did it.

 Somehow, I doubt transcode will reappear in the book : development
was at berlios, and stopped some time ago, the site we were using is
just a copy of what is/was at berlios (because that will be going
away).  Unfortunately, google is not very helpful for the *package*
transcode, it just finds references to transcoding.

ĸen, feeling very pessimistic again