On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 05:43:48PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 04:22:39PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
> >  Deliberately, evdev is the expected driver for normal linux systems
> > using udev.  Perhaps a kernel config issue  : is CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV
> > set ?  Also check if your .config mentions a PS/2 mouse (in the
> > input section, I'm not sure of the CONFIG name).
>
> Good spot.  I do not have CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV set.  I do have

[ snip good settings, including the PS/2 mouse ]

 LOL - I looked through my notes, which was why I suggested it : on
both of my old x86_64 machines I was trying out evdev in 2009, when
still building both i686 and x86_64 kernels, and had a similar
problem: EVDEV set on the 64-bit kernels but not on the 32-bit.

ĸen