On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 15:22:51 +0100
Fernando de Oliveira <fam...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Just installed Geany-1.22.

Thanks, I didn't know there was a new version out.

>   CXXLD  geany
> /usr/bin/ld: plugins.o: undefined reference to symbol 'g_module_error'
> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'g_module_error' is defined in DSO
> /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 so
>  try adding it to the linker command line
> /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> </quote>
>
> DuckDuckGo gave me a solution as the first listed option:
>
>     LDFLAGS='-lgmodule-2.0' ./configure
>
> which must be obvious for all of you, but not yet for me, hope I learned this
> time.

For a while I've been using:
./configure --prefix=/usr LIBS=-lgmodule-2.0
The end result is the same, -lgmodule-2.0 gets added to the flags
passed to ld.

I did wonder for a while if I should add Geany to the book but it's
very similar to Bluefish and I couldn't really justify it. I could live
with Bluefish if I had to but I prefer Geany because of the version
control plugin. It's very convenient to be editing a file and to be
able to run git diff or svn commit from within the text editor.

Andy