On 07/14/2012 12:57 PM, Andrew Benton wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just added the Bittorrent client Transmission to the book. In the
> transmission source there is a Qt folder with a README that describes
> how to compile and install a Qt GUI for Transmission:
>
> cd qt &&
> qmake qtr.pro &&
> make
> and as root:
> INSTALL_ROOT=/usr make -C qt install
>
> I've added those instructions to the page but I don't have Qt installed
> so I can't test them. Could someone who has installed Qt please test
> them? If they don't work we can just remove Qt from the page but I
> think it's best to try to be as complete as possible.
>
> Andy

Apparently, it does not work

g++  -o transmission-qt about.o add-data.o app.o dbus-adaptor.o
details.o favicon.o file-tree.o filterbar.o filters.o formatter.o hig.o
license.o mainwin.o make-dialog.o options.o prefs.o prefs-dialog.o
relocate.o session.o session-dialog.o squeezelabel.o stats-dialog.o
torrent.o torrent-delegate.o torrent-delegate-min.o torrent-filter.o
torrent-model.o tracker-delegate.o tracker-model.o
tracker-model-filter.o triconpushbutton.o utils.o watchdir.o moc_about.o
moc_app.o moc_dbus-adaptor.o moc_details.o moc_favicon.o moc_file-tree.o
moc_filterbar.o moc_formatter.o moc_hig.o moc_license.o moc_mainwin.o
moc_make-dialog.o moc_options.o moc_prefs.o moc_prefs-dialog.o
moc_relocate.o moc_session.o moc_session-dialog.o moc_squeezelabel.o
moc_stats-dialog.o moc_torrent.o moc_torrent-delegate.o
moc_torrent-delegate-min.o moc_torrent-filter.o moc_torrent-model.o
moc_tracker-delegate.o moc_tracker-model.o moc_tracker-model-filter.o
moc_triconpushbutton.o moc_utils.o moc_watchdir.o qrc_application.o
-L/usr/lib ../libtransmission/libtransmission.a
../third-party/libutp/libutp.a ../third-party/dht/libdht.a
../third-party/miniupnp/libminiupnp.a
../third-party/libnatpmp/libnatpmp.a -L/lib -lz -lrt -lfontconfig -lcurl
-lssl -lcrypto -levent -lpthread -lQtDBus -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lQtCore
g++: error: ../libtransmission/libtransmission.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: ../third-party/libutp/libutp.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: ../third-party/dht/libdht.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: ../third-party/miniupnp/libminiupnp.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: ../third-party/libnatpmp/libnatpmp.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [transmission-qt] Error 1

I guess you would have to configure transmission, compile specific
libraries and then do the way you pointed out. Will take another look at it.