Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I've  wondered, in  the  case of  the kernel,  whether  is would  be
> beneficial  to  release the  drivers  as  a  separate tarball  on  a
> different  release  schedule.  I  think  that's  where most  of  the
> changes occur.  In  an uncompressed kernel tarball,  the drivers are
> 260M of 532M total.

That will not happen in the forseeable future because the internal API
between the  kernel and the  drivers is unstable between  versions and
the kernel  devs have made it  *very* clear that they  consider this a
feature, not a  bug.  Separating the two would  achieve nothing except
to create more opportunities to build a broken system.

Regards,

Jeremy Henty