Dana 11.1.2013 0:49, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL je napisao:
> Hi,
>
> For accessibility investigations and due to issues I have with distros, I
> choose LFS to use my daily system and do tests. 2 things can be tested today
> in accessibility matter: xfce (in progress) and gnome3 (complicated).
>
> So I need gnome, as well as xfce. My question: what's the status of gnome
> support in blfs? I had read a thread about stopping supporting gnome in the
> book as the maintainer lets it for KDE. What's up? Is there some position?

GNOME in BLFS is currently at 3.6.2 - latest available stable release.
Some components are out of date a bit - these got released after 3.6.2
release.

As for GNOME and BLFS, I gave up on updating it. I'll stick to 3.6 - I
still use it. I don't like the direction where it's going and I switched
to KDE, as you noted.

If you like, you can step in and upgrade/add components when they get
released. I can always help in core components since I always build them.

I'll always build the following components:

dconf (for IBus - There's KDE applet for that), GConf,

gnome-keyring (beats kwallet, has auto unlock capability via PAM),

GTK+ including all deps,

Rhythmbox (requires lot of GNOME components, including WebKitGTK+ and
GStreamer 1.0. Also, Brasero is needed for CD burning plugin),

And, of course, the applications

Evince, Gedit, Eog, File Roller, Gcalctool, Vinagre (nice VNC client),

as well as their deps.

> To conciliate my needs and contributions, I can, if interested, help or
> maintain with GNOME. It'll enable to let blfs updated, me to test, amd me
> to speak with upstream devs in general, understand this project and argue
> with accessibility issues more easily.
>
> Interested? In any case, can you tell me the current opinion of blfs about
> this
> desktop? Supported? Not? Need some contrib? just help?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> JPM

It's in good shape for now, but it will soon need some love. Every help
is appreciated.