I'm just going through my desktop build, to see which updated
versions I've missed.  On mpg123-1.15.3 I see we use --disable-static
but I haven't been using that for recent versions.  A quick DESTDIR
test shows that only .la and .so libs are installed, at least on my
x86_64 with a dearth of static libs :)

 OK if I remove this switch, or has someone actually got static libs
here ?  I'm asking because the only optional dep I have is SDL,
maybe one of the others causes a static lib to be installed ?

ĸen