On 06/19/2013 01:58 PM, i...@higgs.linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Author: igor
> Date: Wed Jun 19 04:58:39 2013
> New Revision: 11306
>
> Log:
> Added Lua-5.2.2
>
> Added:
>    trunk/BOOK/general/prog/lua.xml   (contents, props changed)
> Modified:
>    trunk/BOOK/general.ent
>    trunk/BOOK/general/genlib/ptlib.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/general/genutils/graphviz.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/general/graphlib/gegl.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/general/prog/other-tools.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/general/prog/prog.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/introduction/welcome/changelog.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/multimedia/videoutils/vlc.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/networking/netutils/nmap.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/networking/netutils/wireshark.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/pst/typesetting/texlive.xml
>    trunk/BOOK/server/major/apache.xml

Can you confirm that all these work with Lua 5.2? I remember VLC
couldn't be compiled when 5.2 was used. I had to revert to 5.1. I see at
Archlinux that they still use 5.1 for Graphviz, VLC, Wireshark. Apache
is known to require 5.1 only.

Also, please patch it to install pkgconfig file and shared library
instead of static one (you can find patches at either gentoo or archlinux).