Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 08:22:30PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>> I think updating the file proto-7.7.md5 without changing the name is a
>> stealth update.  We probably need to change the file name to something
>> like proto-7.7-1.md5 and then update to -2, -3, etc when updating the
>> file list and the overall version (i.e. 7.7) does not change.
>>
>   I'm not convinced that adding the equivalent of a distro's version
> into the names is useful.
>
>> I haven't checked lib-7.7.md5, app-7.7.md5, or font-7.7.md5 yet, but I
>> wouldn't think that the proposed suffix numbers need to be the same in
>> all sections.
>>
>   I don't think the legacy fonts are likely to change, but Xorg is
> effectively on a rolling release and everything within it can
> change.

That's really my point.  It's a rolling release and we don't identify
when the .md5 files are updated without a download and diff.  An
increment number is not strictly necessary, but a version number like
20120621 would work as well as a index number.  The .md5 files are a
BLFS construct, and I think we need some mechanism to identify when the
contents change.