Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 11:18:54AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> 1.  Do I need the Glamor EGL driver?
>>
>> My system has NVIDIA Corporation NV37GL [Quadro PCI-E Series] video.
>>
>   Almost certainly not - required for radeon South Islands, optional
> for radeon from  R300 to Northern Islands.

We need to say that in the book.  Xorg starts up for me using the
nouveau drivers.

>> 2.  If I do need it, it fails for me at autoreconf:
>>
>> configure.ac:44: error: must install xorg-macros 1.8 or later before
>> running autoconf/autogen
>>
>> Where do we get xorg-macros 1.8?  The latest I see is util-macros-1.17
>> and the file /opt/xorg/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4 says
>> XORG_MACROS_VERSION(1.1)
>>

>   That is the correct file, and it contains a lot of different
> conditionals.  It starts with a comment, then an example of how to
> specify a required version.  I don't immediately understand it, but
> you must be failing at the test for MAN_SUBSTS in
> XORG_MANPAGE_SECTIONS.

I do see this in the file:

m4_defun([XORG_MACROS_VERSION],[
m4_define([vers_have], [1.17])
# Added MAN_SUBSTS in version 1.8
# Added AC_PROG_SED in version 1.8

Looking at the glamor configure.ac file, I'm trying to figure out how
the /opt/xorg/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4 gets pulled in.

I did get it to work by

$ cd /usr/share/aclocal
$ sudo ln -s /opt/xorg/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4

After that glamor builds without problem.  I'd think that there would be
a way to specify an additional directory to search with an environment
variable, but I can't find that.

>   Do you have any other xorg-macros.m4 files on the system ?

No.  It's an entirely clean build.  I do reuse some partitions:

/dev/sda1 on  /boot
/dev/sda9 on  /usr/src
/dev/sda11 on /home