On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Fernando de Oliveira
<fam...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Em 31-07-2013 19:16, Ken Moffat escreveu:

>>> I'm leaning that way too.  We can put it back when the package gets
>>> caught up.  Ken?
>>>
>>>    -- Bruce
>>>
>>  You'll upset Fernando.  If it wasn't for him, I think we would have
>> dropped it more than a year ago.  I've never worked out how to use it
>> (double-entry bookkeeping isn't something I understand).
>>
>> ĸen
>>

> Thank you very much, Ken.
>
> Yes, it is essential for me.
>
> However, IIRC, gnucash-2.8 will only be released next year, hopefully
> dropping libgnomeui dependency.
>
> Also, the  instructions in the book do not work perfectly, some features
> are not available, although only a few that I use is not there. It is
> related to the need for guile 1.8, Armin's patch partially corrects for
> guile 2. In Arch,
>
> Furthermore, all those old gnome just for this, do not seem fair to the
> book and editors.
>
> Things have changed very much since I was arguing for keeping in the
> book. And gnucash did not.
>
> Thus, I cannot argue with that, it is not reasonable, any more,
>
> I still will use it, though, but I think now I am more capable of
> finding out how to do almost without help. This was what worried me, not
> being possible to ask help for it here. And perhaps even out of the
> book, probably I will get help here with it, if necessary.
>
> Would like to ask, if possible, a link to the archived gnome and
> gnucash, after removed from the book.
>
> Please, in the future, do not be upset if I try to convince some editor
> to bring it back, in case the dependencies become reasonable.
>
> Finally, want to thank Armin for the patch and support, till now for
> this and Ken, who in many occasions supported it too.
>
> --
> []s,
> Fernando
> --

I wanted to start using it myself, but honestly it has been a couple
years now since the last time I had it installed.  (and with my new
systemd build, will probably be another 2 years before I attempt it
again)

but even so,  I am not sure if gnomeui would be worth the tradeoff or
not.  I keep my system relatively minimal, and that brings in a bunch
of fun dependencies

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------