Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:02:41AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>> OK, I'll do a -rc2 today.  I think it best to slip the stable release to
>> September 7.  Should we update to the newer gettext, kbd, and/or kmod at
>> the same time?  Those all seem to have lower potential for problems than
>> the glibc sed.

>   I'm not in favour of updating anything except glibc.

I understand your point of view.  Looking at things from a slightly
different perspective, I don't use kbd at all.  kmod is pretty much a
non-issue for me because I really minimize modules.  Right now on my
development system, none are loaded.  It will load SCSI_DEBUG when
running util-linux tests.  Looking at gettext, the release in the book
is from June.  From the latest release changelog:

  * windows/gettext.rc: Update copyright year.
  * NEWS: Mention libasprintf change and Tcl bug fix.

That's it.

The idea of including these is that there is a low probability of the
newer packages causing problems and even if there are, the impact would
be small.

I will update to the latest kernel.  We already say in the book to do
that.

Those are my observations.  If we need to retest, testing everything at
once would be easier.

All that said, I'm willing to do what we collectively think best.