On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 05:44:08PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:

> >> We can do that, but I'd want to minimize the freeze time due to the
> >> upstream churn rate.
> >>

> >   At the moment, we are down to four packages tagged for 7.3 :
> > ./gnome/applications/seahorse.xml:    &lfs73_checked;
> > ./gnome/applications/totem.xml:    &lfs73_checked;
> > ./xsoft/office/gnumeric.xml:    &lfs73_checked;
> > ./xsoft/other/transmission.xml:    &lfs73_checked;
> >
> >   Of those, I could take a look at gnumeric (you've got the ticket) ?
>
> I don't mind if you take it.

 OK

> >   Seahorse and totem are beyond me : I never managed to get gnome's
> > keyring working properly in recent times on systems without gdm, and
> > totem's many deps include libpeas which _requires_ introspection.
>
> Actually, I haven't used them before.  I do have the dependencies done
> though.
>
> >   At the moment, I'm still trying to rip a classical CD in cdparanoia
> > on one of my machines (been running for about 66 hours so far,
> > reporting a lot of non-recoverable errors, but its been _nearly_
> > done for all of today).  Can't do much else until that completes.
>
> Bad CD?  I tend to use K3b and it generally only takes a couple of minutes.

 Possibly - I haven't played it for a long time, but it is
_supposed_ to be a high-quality recording and might be helpful in
sorting out the position of my new speakers when they have run in.
I'm waiting to try it in the CD player, but not until paranoia
completes or gives up.  Usually, it rips everything quickly.

> >   But if there is a release in sight, I suppose that I could attempt
> > to work out a minimal build order for totem on my LFS-7.4-rc1 32-bit
> > box.  Provided nothing *requires* pulse.  That build might include
> > seahorse, but if so I would have to label that as "built but not
> > tested".  Would that be helpful ?  It will probably take me some
> > hours of work to set up the scripts.
>
> Built but not tested is OK.

 Actually, seahorse is why I'm replying now (was goingto wait a
bit).  I've got a build order for totem (on top of my completed
desktop), but seahorse doesn't get pulled in.  So I took a look at
the book.  I _think_ seahorse can now be archived, will try doing
htat somewhen.

> >   I'm also going to suggest that you cut a 7.4-rc branch as soon as
> > everything has been tagged, then throw the release out to anybody
> > who cares but doesn't follow -dev, AND meanwhile we can continue
> > updating outstanding tickets in -svn once the branch exists, without
> > any intention of feeding those changes back into the branch (it's
> > just a snapshot of where we were).
>
> I want to wait for KDE.  I'm also working on Qt-5.1.1 right now.  I have
> noticed some issues with the Qt5 page that I'll fix at the same time.
>
> >   I've also using mdadm-3.3 on my server (without the static libs, so
> > just 'make' is good enough for my use case) but you've got the ticket
> > for that.
>
> Again, if you have it basically done, take the ticket.

 I need to make libc.a available before I can build it like the book
does.  Will treat it as the least urgent of all these things.

ĸen