On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:37:02PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 04:17:17PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Would the following work for the patch?
> >
> > sed -i -e 's@psql\\"@& -h /tmp@' src/test/regress/pg_regress{,_main}.c
> > sed -i -e 's@gres\\"@& -h /tmp@' src/test/regress/pg_regress.c
> >
> > The following might also work (not checked):
> >
> > sed -i -r 's@(psql|gres)\\"@& -h /tmp@' \
> >      src/test/regress/pg_regress{,_main}.c
> >
> >    -- Bruce
>
>  Not quite : need to add -k not -h for 'gres'.  I'll take a look in
> a little while.

 Following seems to work with the existing sed :
sed -i -e 's@psql\\"@& -h /tmp@' src/test/regress/pg_regress{,_main}.c
sed -i -e 's@gres\\"@& -k /tmp@' src/test/regress/pg_regress.c

 Actually, it's better - the patch included a gratuitous change on
line 2221 related to another one I'd spotted and removed.  I'm back
to measuring this, including (all) the contrib stuff.

ĸen