http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/4263

>> Armin wrote it in the thread: it may be possible. But not for me.
>>
>> Installed: libxklavier libgnomekbd ibus json-glib geocode-glib
>> libgweather geoclue libwacom xf86-input-wacom gnome-settings-daemon
>> gnome-session gjs gnome-menus telepathy-glib zenity mutter Python3
>> pycairo pygobject libgee caribou rest gnome-online-accounts db libical
>> liboauth libgdata evolution-data-server gnome-shell
>> gnome-themes-standard accountsservice
>>
>> Session does not start.
>>

>> (gnome-shell:19351): Gjs-WARNING **: JS ERROR: Error: Requiring Gdm,
>> version none: Typelib file for namespace 'Gdm' (any version) not found
>> @/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/gdm/loginDialog.js:24
>> @/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/sessionMode.js:47
>> @/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/main.js:34
>> @<main>:1
>>
>> I do not want gdm, so...

I am not a GNOME user. Try to be minimalist.

A couple of weeks ago, I tried to get GNOME DE running and failed.
Installed the packages as I was finding it necessary, as listed above.
Some I had already, but needed to be reinstalled with other bidings.
Some, just inn case, were reinstalled.

Objective

We have KDE, XFCE and LXDE running without DM nor systemd. I would like
to get GNOME runing, back to the book, in a similar way, without systemd
nor GDM.

In the way for that, I will be bringing back to the book GNOME packages
one by one, the first one will be gnome-screenshot, have already opened
a ticket. This, if there is no objection.

Any help would appreciate help with this, here or in private (help from
anybody, including ex-editors, devs, users, editors...).

Thanks.

--
[]s,
Fernando