On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Thomas Trepl
<tho...@linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> The next step was to create a BLFS book page just like the ones in the Xorg
> chapter where multible packages gets installed by running a script. That
> mechanism can also applied to the KDE tarballs. I prepared one for the
> "kdeadmin" group and can be found in the attached patch.
>
> What do you think about such an extension of the KDE chapter? If there is
> interest in such a extension, I'd like to help.

Nice grouping of the packages. Personally I only build the KDE
packages in the book + a few other such as pyKDE4, kolourpaint,
filelight...

It would certainly be possible to create scripts like xorg for the
entire KDE software compilation. However, I fail to see the benefit of
this (unlike xorg, it wouldn't make sense for most people to build the
entire KDE compilation).

> Btw, did someone here on the list already had a look to KDE5 ?

I have not yet tried building KDE5. A tech preview is about to be
released, maybe I'll have a look at that. As Armin stated, kdelibs was
split into several individual packages in KDE5. In my opinion, it
would make more sense to convert blfs to scripted builds of KDE when
KDE5 final arrives. The first alpha release is set to be released on
February 1st, so the work could be started at that time. The final
release should arrive at June 1st.

Sincerely,
Ragnar