On 01/08/2014 02:56 PM, Igor Živković wrote:
> On 2014-01-08 14:40, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>>
>> Another clarification would be in GLU, which does not have a
>> introduction, and is included in the page, would deserve
>> clarifications,
>> too, I think.
>>
>> Also, I have a doubt if it could have its own page. Reason is my recent
>> experience with audacious, that I updated, where some dependencies are
>> for the main package and others only for the plugins (and I still am
>> thinking if would also deserve to be split in two pages, with the
>> plugins being runtime required dependency for the main page). Included
>> this in the discussion, because depending on the opinions, perhaps I
>> should open a thread asking you all about this, sorry for the OT.
>
> I don't think GLU is used by anything in the X Window System Environment
> chapter. Same thing for makedepend. Those two packages should probably
> be moved.

The reason of why I left the package on the Mesa page is that before
Mesa 9.0, GLU was part of Mesa and thus all packages that depended on
GLU itself depended on Mesa directly or indirectly. You'd have to update
the dependencies to depend on GLU afterwards, which I didn't had the
time for. GLU itself, like GLUT depends on Mesa only, no aditional deps
required.

If you decide to split it, make sure you update the dependencies for
some packages, which are yet unknown.

From archlinux reverse dependencies, following packages require GLU

xscreensaver
libtiff
libwebp
freeglut (although it doesn't link to it. maybe it just requires its
headers)
libreoffice
gnash
jasper