Em 26-01-2014 18:31, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> Alexey Orishko wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I've built original LFS-7.4 and I'd like to use the latest Linux Kernel
>> version
>> (currently 3.10.28) due to several bug fixes.
>>
>> On already working system I've simply compiled a new kernel, installed
>> it and it works.
>>
>> I have a question related to LFS book ch.8.3.1, where warning was posted:
>> - The headers in the system's include directory should always be the
>> ones against
>>   which Glibc was compiled, that is, the sanitized headers from this
>> Linux kernel tarball.
>> Therefore, they should never be replaced by either the raw kernel
>> headers or any other
>> kernel sanitized headers.
>>
>> - If building 3.10.next version, do I need to replace kernel headers,
>> i.e. rebuild Glibc and
>>    all stuff related to it?
>
> No.  Just don't change anything related to headers.  You only need to
> copy the new kernel to /boot and adjust /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

Just in case you have modules, install them, too. Instructions at:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/systemd/chapter08/kernel.html

make modules_install

You can also use kernels from newer series, eg, 3.12 or just released
3.13 series. This one will be at that URL (above) tomorrow, after the
new book is rendered, Bruce has updated the repository today to latest:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/3478

--
[]s,
Fernando