On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 08:17:40PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 11:06:31AM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> >
> > Yes. Have you tried it as built in the kernel, instead of module? I
> > think we need to know that for the book, when we decide it is ready.
> >
>  No, only that one system has libusb, and the choice of packages
> (basically, what was not built in my first build with make-4.0) is
> not convenient for my normal usage.

 OK, got back to this, and installed a new kernel (3.12.9) with the
driver built in.  Also changed an ink cartridge - recharging the
heads apparently used up to 14% of some of the cartridges, according
to escputil.  Anyway, with
 CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=y
both escputil and cups work.

 I'll mention this on -support, in case anybody has a different
view, before I change the book.

ĸen