Hi all,

In blfs-bootscripts, the Makefile has:

create-service-dir:
         install -d -m ${DIRMODE}
${EXTDIR}/sysconfig/network-devices/services
         install -d -m ${DIRMODE} ${LIBDIR}

but the only place where ${EXTDIR}/sysconfig/network-devices/services
is used is:

install-service-ipx: create-service-dir
         install -m ${MODE} blfs/sysconfig/network-devices/services/ipx
${EXTDIR}/sysconfig/network-devices/services

and

install-service-pppoe: create-service-dir
         install -m ${MODE}
blfs/sysconfig/network-devices/services/pppoe
${EXTDIR}/sysconfig/network-devices/services
         install -d -m ${DIRMODE} ${EXTDIR}/ppp/peers
         install -m ${CONFMODE} blfs/ppp/pppoe ${EXTDIR}/ppp/peers

All the other services are installed to ${LIBDIR} (a.k.a. /lib/services).
Now, install-service-ipx is referenced in NCPFS, which has been archived,
and I cannot find "install-service-pppoe" in the current book.

Shouldn't the bootscripts be updated to take that into account ? That is:
- remove the creation of ${EXTDIR}/sysconfig/network-devices/services
- change the installation directory of ipx to ${LIBDIR} (in case
we put back NCPFS, which is unlikely)
- remove install-service-pppoe: RP-PPPoE has been svn rm'd at r7288...

If anybody is against that, please speak out, I'll do that in a few days.

Regards,
Pierre