On 01/31/2014 09:47 PM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 31-01-2014 16:49, Armin K. escreveu:
>> On 01/31/2014 07:37 PM, ferna...@higgs.linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>>> Author: fernando
>>> Date: Fri Jan 31 10:37:37 2014
>>> New Revision: 12653
>
>> Libreoffice already depends on GTK+ so what's the point of this dep?
>> GTK+ apps need X at runtime anyways.
>
> I seem to recall in a recent discussion, that it was stated that only
> required is considered in the chain. So, after I discovered the
> possibility of building without the X part, I included in optional. I
> think there is better than in recommended, but as you know, dependency
> is my "Achilles' heel".

Anything using GTK+ requires Xorg at runtime, as I said (or wayland if
you are using GTK+3, but some apps use GTK+3 X11 specific features so
that's a no-go for them).

>> Also, I seem to have noticed a VLC switch instead of GStreamer. But I
>> might be wrong.
>
> Yes. No.
>
> $ ls -l /opt/libreoffice-4.2.0.4/lib/libreoffice/program/libavmediavlc.so
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 109304 Jan 31 12:47
> /opt/libreoffice-4.2.0.4/lib/libreoffice/program/libavmediavlc.so
>
>>> +             --enable-release-build=yes \
>>
>> Hint:
>>
>> --enable-something is the same as --enable-something=yes.
>> --disable-something is same as --enable-something=no. Shorter writing.
>>

> That is what I thought. I may have committed a mistake, when I used
> without "yes", for BLFS-7.4, and it did not work, that time. If someone
> confirms that it works now, I might modify. However, as you write, it
> does not matter, that way works for me.
>
> I do not mind, if any of these changes are really necessary, I wil do
> them/it.
>

> But I am happy to have solved a longstanding problem that you once asked
> me: "does the splash screen has a 'dev' being displayed?" Do you remember?

I never used --enable-release till now. This time I used it (without
=yes) and I don't have the beta thing anymore.

On a side note, appdata files fail to install with make distro-pack-install.

cp: cannot stat ‘/libreoffice-base.appdata.xml’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘/libreoffice-calc.appdata.xml’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘/libreoffice-draw.appdata.xml’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘/libreoffice-impress.appdata.xml’: No such file or
directory
cp: cannot stat ‘/libreoffice-writer.appdata.xml’: No such file or directory

You can install them manually

install -m644 sysui/desktop/appstream-appdata/*.xml /usr/share/appdata
(the directory gets created though).

Also, in my personal opinion, since the default prefix is /usr, the
mentions of other prefix is simply useless. Either provide an envvar for
overriding the prefix and then use it, which is more or less useless
since everything is installed into one directory (unversioned but can be
easily moved arround, backed up and restored if necessarry), or remove
the instructions at all.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.