I have a problem with the book's instructions building strigi.  clucene
is listed as an optional dependency and I have that installed.  The book
has

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
       -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib  \
       -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release  \
       .. &&

It gives a linking error with libclucene-core.so.  Something about

undefined reference to symbol
'_ZN6lucene4util14atomic_threads16atomic_decrementEPj'
/usr/lib64/libclucene-shared.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing
from command line

Even though the symbol is in libclucene-core.so and it is specified when
linking.

I can only get it to build with

     cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
           -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib  \
           -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release  \
           -DENABLE_CLUCENE=OFF        \
           -DENABLE_CLUCENE_NG=OFF     \
           .. &&

There is a reported error at http://sourceforge.net/p/strigi/bugs/114/
but the comment there is:

That CLucene version is not supported. We only support the stable
CLucene version.
The upcoming version is very different and needs quite some rewriting.

The comment is October 2011, but is till marked

whatever that means.

Has anyone else seen this?

Should we remove the CLucene dependency and add the defines above?